We’ve had a fun but busy Christmas this year and have thoroughly enjoyed helping to get everyone into the Christmas spirit!
Our jobs with the Almond Family Pub chain were well attended and received and we enjoyed some fantastic audience participation at St Mary’s Parish Church, Cheadle following another successful Victorian Christmas Market event. We joined in with the wonderful ‘Festival of Lights’ event at Beechwood Cancer Care, carolled with furry friends at Tatton Park, enjoyed a ‘Ding Dong’ at the Duke of York, Heaviley and all in all had a jolly good time throughout the festive period with our Christmas Eve carol event around the Christmas tree in Heald Green still to look forward to.
Our inaugural Christmas Concert at Whitfield House was particularly special for us and was a fantastic way for us to celebrate our first year at our new rehearsal venue and say thanks to band members and supporters for their involvement throughout 2014.
Whilst we’re thankful to all our members and supporters, there were a select few that were singled out for some ‘special’ awards on the night.
- The ‘Wish You Were Here’ award for the most weeks spent abroad was presented to Russell Turner (or it would have been had he not been in Vietnam!)
- The ‘Best Band Twit’ award for the funiest twitter picture was presented to Sarah Boyd
- ‘The Morecombe and Wise’ award for creativity – all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order was presented to Terry Partridge.
- ‘The Rock’ award for reliability and steadfast support was presented to Phil Mumford.
- The ‘Stick To It’ award for sticking with banding through thick and thin was presented to John Clark.
- The ‘Style Icon’ award for the most fashion concious band member was presented to Matt Smith.
- Best Supporting Role went to Jake Saxton.
- Guest Conductor of the Year went to Linda Boyd.
- Most Improved Player went to Jo Henshaw.
- Bands Person of the Year went to Mark Drabble.
More photos from the event will be added to our gallery page as soon as possible – kind thanks go to Thomas Demol for taking time out from his busy schedule to take photographs on the night.
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015 from all at Stockport Silver Band.